Friday, November 7, 2008

Project Foy - Rough Surface Examples

Here are some pictures from the sections I am still working on. The rough surface is almost complete. Only one more small section to go. But this gives you a closer look at the spackled surface before I rough finished it with turf:

This section needs a sweeping before I start with turf to get all of the fine debris off. The section at the very top is already roughed. I will go through the process for creating the trench you see in the middle when we talk about detailing. I guess it probably should have come earlier. Trenches can be created at any time, but it is just easier to have more room when cutting into the boards. On the other hand, I tend to be more careful once some of the finishing is done so I probably do a better job.

Here is a section after sweeping away the extra turf:

And here is a section after the extra soil has been added. This section will be swept one more time to remove any loose material. You will see what this looks like when we start in the finishing section:

This is actually a very nice sequence of pictures. You can see how each step adds a little more depth and realism. This carries into the Finishing steps that we will go into next.

No comments: