Friday, April 17, 2009

Kampfgruppe Bohm At Legends In The Spring

We now have some pictures (thanks to BfH memeber John Cusack) from the Kampfgruppe Bohm game at Legends In The Spring. I will have to admit that I was a bit apprehensive when it came time to start making it "snow" on the gameboard. From my small scale test, it was pretty clear we would not be able to take the snow off again very easily. The method we used was simple. We just set the board up in it's entirety. Then we took the Woodland Scenics Snow canister and started shaking it out all over the board. I tried as best I could to shake upward and have the snow fall more naturally over a wide area. I did not pay any heed to keeping it off buildings or roads. This actually ended up producing a very neat effect with snow collecting in the bombed out buildings and on the roofs. I ended up using an entire container over the 5'x6' board. I had an extra container but did not use it.

I mentioned early on that the snow covered evergreens looked a little out of place with the unfiunished board. I thought they would look perfectly at home once the snow was on the ground. I think that is indeed the case:






Here are some more pictures from various angles. You should be able to go back and compare these against some of the in-progress pictures to get a good sense on how the board ended up.







Now it is time to start seriously planning for the first annual Battlefield Hobbies Convention gameday. It is called Day Of Days Con 2009 and will be held on Saturday, June 6, 2009 in Menomonee Falls, WI. Go to our website to find all the details. This will be your next chance to play Kampfgruppe Bohm. We will also run the game at Rock-Con in Rockford, IL this coming November. After that, KgB goes on the shelf and we are on to our next project- Project Berlin!!

If you are interested in more pictures, you can find them at the Battlefield Hobbies Picasa site

No comments: